For non-profit organizations interested in partnering with Consulting for Impact.
Application for the 2021-2022 program can be found here.
The Consulting for Impact (CFI) Club matches Harvard MBA candidates with Boston-area nonprofit organizations for engagements spanning the academic year. During this time, pairs of students complete a strategic consulting project (4 hours per month per student) for the partner organization under the mentorship of the organization’s executive staff or Board members. Students selected by CFI will work with your organization to refine and develop the project scope, develop key deliverables, conduct necessary analysis, and ultimately prepare recommendations for review. Partner organizations have the option to allow the two students working on their consulting project to sit-in on their board meetings as non-voting, observing “Board Fellows.” Board Fellows must be able to attend relevant meetings or Board sessions in or near Boston. In the past, we have found that offering the Board Fellow option can result in more students applying to an organization’s consulting project as students value the learning opportunity to observe board meetings.
- Visit here to see prior projects as examples of what teams have delivered.
- – Application priority review deadline: Oct 1, 2021
– Application deadline: Oct 10, 2021
– Projects selected: Oct 15 2021
– Student applications due: Oct 30 2021
– Students selected and matched to projects: Nov 10 2021
– Partner organization kickoff with students: Early Nov date TBD
– Project duration: Nov 2021 through April 2022 (with a one month break from mid-December through late January when students are off-campus)
The CFI Club leadership team reviews nonprofit applications on three criteria:
- How well the proposed project will utilize an MBA skill set (e.g. marketing, finance, operations, strategy)
- The suitability of the organization’s mission
- The organization’s community impact
Once selected for membership in the program, organizations and HBS student consultants are matched by the CFI leadership team through a process that involves weighing student interests, skills, and past experience as well as partner organization interests and needs.
Program Coordination and Support
The CFI Club leadership team oversees the Board Fellows and Consulting for Non-Profits program. The two CFI co-presidents will be available for you to contact to resolve any issues or conflicts with the student team and to provide feedback.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns as you complete the application or after it is submitted. We (the 2020-2021 CFI Co-Presidents) are more than happy to help brainstorm and refine proposed projects.
- Ramya Sundar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Milly Wang (email@example.com)
Deadline: October 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET
Note: If you wish to complete the application offline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org